List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Please help, Can't get kpilot working at all
From:       Freek <freek () rebelbase ! nl>
Date:       2001-12-11 20:52:50

Hi,

Can anyone on this list please help me. I can't get kpilot working at all. I
have the following setup:

Dell Inspiron 8000 notebook
Debian Sid
Kernel 2.4.16
KDE 2.2.2
KPilot 4.2.3

Palm m105 with craddle on serial port ttyS0
/dev/pilot has a symlink to /dev/ttyS0
/dev/ttyS0 has been chmod to 666

Configured kpilot using --cs
Active conduits are:
- KDE Address Conduit via Abbrowser
- KOrganizer Todo Conduit
- Korganizer Calendar Conduit
- KPilot KNotes Conduit

Configured kpilot using --setup
- Pilot Device /dev/pilot Speed 19200 (also tried 9600 and 115200)
- Start Hot-Sync Daemon at login
- Start KPilot at Hot-Sync
- Show Daemon in Kicker

After logon i see the followin processes with ps -Af
kpilotDaemon -session 11c0a80002
pilotListener /dev/pilot

When I press the hotsync button on the cradle I see a short message stating
"Reading user information"

The hotsync operation times out on the palm

I get a (too) small window saying "Starting Sync Daemon. Please Wait"

I have to wait a long time... more than a minute

I get the same window as kpilot --setup. The small window stays.
When I klick Ok, both windows disappear

The statusbar indicator stays "red"

When I repeat this exercise, but instead of pressing the hotsync button, I
start kpilot from a konsole, it behaves the same, except I now get the
message "Cannot start KPilot Daemon. Check settings and restart KPilot
manually"

On the konsole I see:
ERROR: initCommandSocket: Can't connect to Daemon
ERROR: KPilotInstaller: Couldn't connect to daemon -- quitting

On a sidenote, the manual in KDE helpcenter is missing in Debian Sid, so I
have no access to any documentation.

Any suggestions are very welcome!!

Freek