List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Proposal: KSharedFile
From:       Ingo Assenmacher <ingo.assenmacher () post ! rwth-aachen ! de>
Date:       2001-12-11 14:56:25

Nick!

Am Dienstag, 11. Dezember 2001 15:45 schrieben Sie:
> Ingo Assenmacher <ingo.assenmacher@post.rwth-aachen.de> writes:

> > > <nick>
> > > Are you experienced with database access?  Could you come up with a
> > > schema if everyone interacted with you?  A minimally tested API we
> > > could use?  This would really help progress.
> > > </nick>

> > do not understand your second question, as english is not my native
> > tongue ;)
>
> I was basically asking if you would design a database schema for the
> KDEPIM project as a whole.  Lets say each package maintainer
> collaborates about data storage informaiton with you.

Thanks for explaining. Yes, I would think that this would be a good solution.
I would have to go into details of several packages.
Right now (being on the low-level of information here), I do only think of a
wrapper schema to conserve originally used formats (like: enhance data with
meta-information (user/creation date, whatever) and put in the original data
as a blob.
As almost all data is acessed via interfaces (is it?), this could be an
approriate solution. BUT: I have not gone into details here, and this is only
a very early idea.

Thanks

Regards, Ingo.