List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] RFC ideas for syncing with mobile units
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-12-04 13:59:49

On Thursday 29 November 2001 21:52, dids wrote:
> This is all interesting.
> Ive been using the synce projects code to extract data from my
> CasioE105(WinCE) device.
> Im not a C Programmer, but am ok with Kylix, having used Delphi before.
> Ive written some stuff to pull out my contacts database. My next stage is
> to learn how to call the necessary code from kde for KAB, but I have to
> admit Ive been really struggling on this one. It feels like I have to learn
> c++ before I can make head or tail of the code. really all I need are some
> functions and headers to call etc etc Im currently looking at
> kaddressbook.cpp for a starting position.
>
> If anyone has some advice on getting to grips with this. ....

Have a look at kdelibs/kabc. It contains the API (mainly addressbook.h and
addressee.h) and some examples how to use it (e.g. testkabc.cpp). Note that
the old API in kdelibs/kab is obsolete and shouldn't be used anymore.

For the syncing have a look at kdepim/ksync. It doesn't support addressbooks
yet, but this is one thing, which definitely should be added soon.