List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Problems compiling cvs HEAD
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-12-03 15:12:38

On Sunday 02 December 2001 18:37, Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:

> I'm having problems compiling kdepim from cvs head.  I want to play a
> little with the new addressbook api, which is why I got cvs head.
> Anyway this is my first time compiling KDE and qt-copy and kdelibs went
> fine (after some tweaking), however kdepim gives me errors in numerous
> modules.  The sources are about an hour old from cvsup.

The new addressbook API is in kdelibs/kabc, not in kdepim anymore. In kdepim
there is only the kabc GUI client, useful for testing purposes.

> I wonder, how good is the chance to get a clean compile at any given
> time.  Also, is there a good strategy to get clean compiles?

The last couple of days kdepim wasn't very stable, because of major changes
of the alarm daemon.

As a strategy to get it compile I would suggest:
1) Update from cvs
2) make -f Makefile.cvs; ./configure; make
3) If that fails, go back to 1) or fix the problem and send a patch.

In some cases it helps to remove old files with something like "make clean;
rm config.cache" or "make -f admin/Makefile.common cvs-clean".