List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kpilot & Visor USB connection problems....
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2001-11-25 18:40:00

On Sat, 24 Nov 2001, Craig wrote:
> 1) update your kpilot to the latest out of the CVS tree since it has
> better USB support

KPilot from CVS HEAD has version number 4.3.x. It is an architectural
rewrite of KPilot, and has better USB support. All the conduits are
broken, though -- not ported to the new architecture. So with KPilot 4.3,
you can backup and restore your pilot, but not more.

KPilot from the KDE 2.2 series can't handle USB devices (at all?) but has
working conduits, to some extent. Given the number of bugreports against
each conduit, I wouldn't bet on this working very well.

Since you want backup AND restore AND calendar sync, I'd say you're out of
luck right now. However, it's not that hard to port the USB code back to
the KDE 2.2 branch -- except that the 2.2 branch is dead for anything
except critical bugfixes and security issues. Maybe now 2.2.2 is out we
can go back to messing with it again.

> 2) fix the bug yourself and submit it.

Exactly.