List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Fwd: Re: kpilot/knotes images
From:       David Jarvie <lists () astrojar ! org ! uk>
Date:       2001-11-14 23:16:48

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001 12:27 Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > Is there anyway I can run the cvs with qt-231 release? Is it
>
> enough to do make
>
> > -f Makefile.cvs?
>
> HEAD remains 2.2 compatible, but the configure scripts in
> kdepim are not.

Does this mean that when KDE 3.0 is released, the configure scripts for its
packages will only run on KDE3? I hope not, since there must be many
applications which (with any appropriate conditional code for the KDE or QT
versions) could otherwise build for both KDE2 and KDE3 systems. I don't want
to have to issue different packages for KDE2 and KDE3. Please tell me either
that this configure script incompatibility is only temporary, or that I have
misunderstood.

--
David Jarvie