List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Minimum requirements to make a QT app into a KDE app?
From:       Bryan Brunton <bryanbrun () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-11-07 19:23:43

<< Even with the databound widgets of Qt it is possible to add a middle layer.
These are no special widgets, but classes, which operate on the standard
widgets. If you put this behind an abstract interface you have the middle
layer. >>

Yes, this could be a potentially valid way to do things.  Subclass the data aware widget and have
it write using whatever existing middleware that KOrganizer/KAddressbook uses.

<< How will you interface the PHP code to your Qt code? >>

Potentially my business logic C++ code could be accessed from PHP.  I have no experience using C++
libraries from PHP, might not even be possible.  I was simply planning on accessing my database
using traditional PHP tools and re-implementing the business logic.

<< You are not the first one attempting to write such a thing ;-). >>

Yes, but I might be the first who attempts it using the right tools: the new QT database
functionality.