List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Re: Palm m505
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2001-11-05 14:23:33

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Neil Stevens wrote:
> If pilot-link continues to be incompatible with new hardware, this could
> be a problem.  I had occasion to acquire an m125 a few days ago for
> development purposes, and it, like the m50x, can only be used with
> coldsync.

pilot-link seems to be working hard on getting it working. There's a hack
available, i think, that does the job, and they're going to be entering a
period of redesign soon to make it nicer.

> Luckily I don't actually need to sync any of my data with it, but I
> imagine this is going to be a growing problem.  Has KPilot jumped on the
> wrong bandwagon?

If by bandwagon you mean "the first pilot sync library that was available
for linux way back in 1995 whereas coldsync only appeared 2 years later"
then yes, that is the bandwagon that kpilot jumped and has ridden since
the KDE 0.9 days.