List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Agenda-PIM?
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () adridg ! sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2001-10-30 7:11:59

Hi Alfred,

Now I see your responses to Nick, I guess my message was a little grumpy --
and coming from a private individual a loaner device is very generous. Sorry
about that.

On Monday 29 October 2001 09:33 pm, Alfred Rauhut wrote:
> first thank you for your quick response.
> I am a German civil engineer, haveing nothing to do with Agenda Computing
> but I own two of these VR3 for about 10 month (the older one). The software
> becomes better since 5 month and I can really use it for my scedule whitch
> is the most interesting thing for me to do with these toys (at this time).
>
> > We need more information on the deliverables form Agenda:
> >
> > - Will they provide a communication protocol specification?
>
> What exactly do you need? The communication protocoll is TCP/IP, at this
> time over serial bus, as I know later (next year) also over USB.

My sources say it does PPP over the serial port, and writes the data to its
own file format.

> I only use Linux and KDE for desktop (and refuse Windows whereever I can).
> I syncronise with rsync on text consoles. Thats why I am looking for a nice
> and interesting graphical frontend. I thought it may be easy to implement
> it in K-Pilot for it would be Unix to Unix but I have no experience in C++.

It may make sense to start with playing around with those files on disk from
a command-line tool that uses DCOP to communicate with the KDE applications.
For example, KNotes has a DCOP interface specifically geared towards syncing
with the memo-pad function found on most PDA's.

[ade]