List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Request for kdepim/korganizer
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-23 11:26:31

#if Mark Westcott
> This is quite a big thing to do, I now reliase.  For example, what
> happens if someone deletes an email which is part of a TODO?  An error
> should be flagged up etc.

Yes, you would have to find some way to do syncronisation...

> A new library to handle it all perhaps? This would mean all parts of
> the kdepim suite could use it

Yes, the only solution to this is to start using a single store and a
single point of access for all data... but you can't use a database,
because you are then incompatible with any other tools, such as your
shell, your other mail software, etc. So you would have to use the
filesystem... but to keep the 'metadata' - oh, there's the old debate
again - how to store metadata when the filesystem doesn't provide
support ?

Better read the metadata discussions over on the other lists :)

Rik