List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KPShell?
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-23 7:28:59

#if Timothy R Butler
> Hi there,
>   I've had an idea for a while that I thought might be worth suggesting just
> to see what the developers think.
>   I've been thinking about KOffice's KOShell (KOffice Shell) application, and
> I was wondering if it would be possible/plausible to create a KPShell (KDE
> PIM Shell) application too? The beauty of KOShell's concept is that it
> provides integration if you want it, but all of the applications can run
> independently if desired.

See kdepim/twister for a quick hack which does some of that.

> Does this sound practical?

Yes, it would not even be too hard - I knocked up twister in a few
hours last year. No _real_ integration there, but at least you can
see that the basic idea works - the hard work is of course the
integration.

Side note: theKompany.com already have something similar in their app
'Aethera' - which has 'built-in' integration, due to having a common
store for all data.

Rik