Hi Adriaan Thanks for the advice :-) Looking forward to the updated website - I've searched, but apparently nobody has attempted to sync an m505 with KPilot - and this explains why. So - is it possible to sync an m505 with coldsync, so that data can be synced with KPilot (ultimately so that the data is synced with KOrganiser)? About the icon - it's beyond me. Mandrake likes to place an icon on the desktop for each USB device it can locate (I also have a scanner which is linked to from the desktop). I just found it odd that my system seemed to know what everything was (hardware / software) and yet did nothing with them... Ahh well, nothing is ever that simple I guess.. Tom BTW - I'm running the default pilot-link shipped with Mandrake 8.1 - version 0.9.5. On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 22:12, Adriaan de Groot wrote: > Hi Tom, > > In short: "You're out of luck - use coldsync". I've just added a new page > "supported hardware" to the KPilot site > > http://www.slac.com/pilone/kpilot_home/ > > (but wait till tonight for it to update) with some extra information. > Basically the m505 is unsupported by pilot-link (version 0.9.5, maybe you > should check what Mandrake ships) so KPilot can't handle it either. What > Mandrake has done to make a KPilot icon (which one? we don't even *have* a > desktop icon) appear on the desktop is quite beyond me. _______________________________________________ kde-pim mailing list kde-pim@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-pim