List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Using new conduits
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2001-10-16 8:39:53

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, David Bishop wrote:
> <snip>
> > I'm off to play with conduits :-)
>
> Okay, next dumb question: how do you use these new conduits?  I've been
> running ./kpilot and ./kpilotConfig, both of which seem to pick up the
> conduits that are installed from the system-wide kde, not the ones in
> ../conduits/foo/* .  How do I force it to look in there?  Or can't I, and I
> just have to blow away the old install?

The new conduits *do* need to be installed. I'd suggest that you remove
the current conduits .desktop files (null-conduit.desktop, etc., somewhere
in $KDEDIR/share I'd guess) and the actual conduit executables
(null-conduit from $KDEDIR/bin). That gets rid of the old-fashioned
crud. And then make install in kdepim/kpilot/conduits to install the
conduits (only conduits listed under SUBDIRS in the Makefile.am will be
installed. Probably ( cd vcalconduit ; make install ) is needed as well
for you.). Make sure that the Makefile.am is adjusted to match the knotes
one -- the .desktop file needs to be installed, and the lib as well. Then
run kbuildsycoca and then .. relax. Go for a soda.