List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KPilot and conduits
From:       David Bishop <david () bishop ! dhs ! org>
Date:       2001-10-05 23:38:31

> > > How do you make cool "about" tabs?  All of ours look exactly the same
> > > (which is good) and drab (which isn't).  I know you can add links and
> > > mailto:'s and such, I just don't know how :-(
> >
> > Check the code in kdelibs/kdeui/kaboutdialog.{h,cc}. BTW, all our about
> > pages are constructed from the KAboutData of the application, so, um,
> > (and you'll hate me for this) there was no real reason to add them
> > explicitly in the .ui file. If we copy some more neat code from
> > KAboutDialog then we can also do the neat tricks with mailto';s in our
> > about page.
>
> Yes, I hate you....

Still haven't had time to check that out.  Maybe this weekend (though the
mother-in-law is coming to town, ugh).

> > > I've been indiscriminately changing "pilot" to "PDA".  Feel free to
> > > change it back :-)  <later>  I'll be changing them back.  PDA is too
> > > clumsy... Aarghh..
> >
> > Yup. Pilot is the wrong word -- officially they're Palm OS (tm) devices
> > -- but it's easy to pronounce and remember.
>
> Aha!  %s/pilot/Palm\ OS\(tm\)\ device/g  *grin*

Speaking of which, I also didn't have time to "revert".  Item #2 for the
weekend...

> > > In the expenses conduit, somebody who knows what it's talking about
> > > will have to write the tooltip for "Rotate Policy".
> >
> > It's um, it's um .. i remember now. The expense conduit writes to a CSV
> > file, and it can either overwrite, append or do * to the existing output
> > file name. Here * is "rename file output.n to output.(n+1) and write new
> > output to output.1; output.(rotate depth) is removed."
>
> Okay, noted.
> > > Okay, I have every conduit done except for Mail, which I'll get done
> > > tomorrow (it's bigger :-).  They are attached, they gunzip into the
> > > current directory (fair warning), and they mostly rock.  I'm 100%
> > > positive that I
> >
> > They are *so* stratigraphically correct that, well, I'm about to get all
> > sedimentary about it. I'll switch all the other conduits over to
> > plugin-.so-ui tomorro .. nope, got a party then. Make it the weekend.
>
> Weekend it is....  That'll give me time to start/complete the mail ui....

And it's complete.  Please checkout the tool-tips, as I've been adding them
(where possible, wtf do I put for "Firewall"?  What *is* "firewall"?) and I
want to make sure that they are correct and/or well-written.  Or at least
consistently /poorly/ written *grin*

> > > be going back through them myself tomorrow when I can take a fresh look
> > > at them.  I haven't been able to change all the PDAs back to pilots
> > > yet, so for now, that's a feature, not a bug *grin*
> >
> > Feature noted.
> > [ade] -- to sleep, perchance to dream.
>
> Ah, to live the life of the lazy developer..... ;-)

Well, I've stayed at work as long as I possible can, so I'm off.  G'Night and
G'Weekend!

- --
D.A.Bishop

["mailConduit.ui" (text/html)]

<!DOCTYPE UI><UI>
<class>Form1</class>
<widget>
    <class>QWidget</class>
    <property stdset="1">
        <name>name</name>
        <cstring>Form1</cstring>
    </property>
    <property stdset="1">
        <name>geometry</name>
        <rect>
            <x>0</x>
            <y>0</y>
            <width>596</width>
            <height>529</height>
        </rect>
    </property>
    <property stdset="1">
        <name>caption</name>
        <string>Form1</string>
    </property>
    <widget>
        <class>QTabWidget</class>
        <property stdset="1">
            <name>name</name>
            <cstring>TabWidget2</cstring>
        </property>
        <property stdset="1">
            <name>geometry</name>
            <rect>
                <x>10</x>
                <y>10</y>
                <width>571</width>
                <height>500</height>
            </rect>
        </property>
        <widget>
            <class>QWidget</class>
            <property stdset="1">
                <name>name</name>
                <cstring>tab</cstring>
            </property>
            <attribute>
                <name>title</name>
                <string>Sending Mail</string>
            </attribute>
            <widget>
                <class>QButtonGroup</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>fSendMethod</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>8</x>
                        <y>16</y>
                        <width>541</width>
                        <height>150</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>title</name>
                    <string>Send Method</string>
                </property>
                <property>
                    <name>toolTip</name>
                    <string>Select "Do not send mail" if you wish just to recieve \
mail</string>  </property>
                <widget>
                    <class>QRadioButton</class>
                    <property stdset="1">
                        <name>name</name>
                        <cstring>fDoNotSend</cstring>
                    </property>
                    <property stdset="1">
                        <name>geometry</name>
                        <rect>
                            <x>10</x>
                            <y>30</y>
                            <width>221</width>
                            <height>21</height>
                        </rect>
                    </property>
                    <property stdset="1">
                        <name>text</name>
                        <string>&amp;Do not send mail</string>
                    </property>
                    <property stdset="1">
                        <name>checked</name>
                        <bool>true</bool>
                    </property>
                </widget>
                <widget>
                    <class>QRadioButton</class>
                    <property stdset="1">
                        <name>name</name>
                        <cstring>fUseSendmail</cstring>
                    </property>
                    <property stdset="1">
                        <name>geometry</name>
                        <rect>
                            <x>10</x>
                            <y>60</y>
                            <width>191</width>
                            <height>21</height>
                        </rect>
                    </property>
                    <property stdset="1">
                        <name>text</name>
                        <string>Use &amp;Sendmail</string>
                    </property>
                    <property>
                        <name>toolTip</name>
                        <string>Use a local mail transfer agent</string>
                    </property>
                </widget>
                <widget>
                    <class>QRadioButton</class>
                    <property stdset="1">
                        <name>name</name>
                        <cstring>fUseSMTP</cstring>
                    </property>
                    <property stdset="1">
                        <name>geometry</name>
                        <rect>
                            <x>10</x>
                            <y>90</y>
                            <width>171</width>
                            <height>21</height>
                        </rect>
                    </property>
                    <property stdset="1">
                        <name>text</name>
                        <string>Use S&amp;MTP</string>
                    </property>
                    <property>
                        <name>toolTip</name>
                        <string>Use remote server to send mail</string>
                    </property>
                </widget>
                <widget>
                    <class>QRadioButton</class>
                    <property stdset="1">
                        <name>name</name>
                        <cstring>fUseKMail</cstring>
                    </property>
                    <property stdset="1">
                        <name>geometry</name>
                        <rect>
                            <x>10</x>
                            <y>120</y>
                            <width>181</width>
                            <height>21</height>
                        </rect>
                    </property>
                    <property stdset="1">
                        <name>text</name>
                        <string>Use &amp;KMail</string>
                    </property>
                    <property>
                        <name>toolTip</name>
                        <string>Use kmail as the go between</string>
                    </property>
                </widget>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QLabel</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>TextLabel1</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>10</x>
                        <y>180</y>
                        <width>161</width>
                        <height>20</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>text</name>
                    <string>Email Address:</string>
                </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QLabel</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>TextLabel3</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>10</x>
                        <y>260</y>
                        <width>160</width>
                        <height>20</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>text</name>
                    <string>Sendmail Command:</string>
                </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QLabel</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>TextLabel2</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>10</x>
                        <y>220</y>
                        <width>161</width>
                        <height>20</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>text</name>
                    <string>Signature File:</string>
                </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QLabel</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>TextLabel4</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>10</x>
                        <y>300</y>
                        <width>161</width>
                        <height>20</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>text</name>
                    <string>SMTP Server:</string>
                </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QLabel</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>TextLabel5</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>10</x>
                        <y>340</y>
                        <width>161</width>
                        <height>20</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>text</name>
                    <string>SMTP Port:</string>
                </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QLabel</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>TextLabel6</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>10</x>
                        <y>380</y>
                        <width>161</width>
                        <height>20</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>text</name>
                    <string>Firewall:</string>
                </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QPushButton</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>PushButton1</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>450</x>
                        <y>210</y>
                        <width>101</width>
                        <height>31</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>text</name>
                    <string>Browse ...</string>
                </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QPushButton</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>PushButton1_2</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>450</x>
                        <y>250</y>
                        <width>101</width>
                        <height>31</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>text</name>
                    <string>Browse ...</string>
                </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QLineEdit</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>fEmailAddress</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>180</x>
                        <y>170</y>
                        <width>261</width>
                        <height>32</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>text</name>
                    <string>$USER</string>
                </property>
                <property>
                    <name>toolTip</name>
                    <string>Enter your email address in the form of \
"username@domain.tld"</string>  </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QLineEdit</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>fSigFile</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>180</x>
                        <y>210</y>
                        <width>261</width>
                        <height>32</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property>
                    <name>toolTip</name>
                    <string>Full path to a file containing your signature</string>
                </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QLineEdit</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>fSendmailCommand</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>180</x>
                        <y>250</y>
                        <width>261</width>
                        <height>32</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>text</name>
                    <string>/usr/lib/sendmail -t -i</string>
                </property>
                <property>
                    <name>toolTip</name>
                    <string>Full command line used to send email</string>
                </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QLineEdit</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>fSMTPServer</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>180</x>
                        <y>290</y>
                        <width>261</width>
                        <height>32</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>text</name>
                    <string>mail.foo.com</string>
                </property>
                <property>
                    <name>toolTip</name>
                    <string>The hostname of your outgoing mail server</string>
                </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QLineEdit</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>fSMTPPort</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>180</x>
                        <y>330</y>
                        <width>261</width>
                        <height>32</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>text</name>
                    <string>25</string>
                </property>
                <property>
                    <name>toolTip</name>
                    <string>The port used. Please leave it at 25 unless you know what \
you are doing</string>  </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QLineEdit</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>fFirewall</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>180</x>
                        <y>370</y>
                        <width>261</width>
                        <height>32</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>text</name>
                    <string>$MAILDOMAIN</string>
                </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QCheckBox</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>fSendImmediate</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>180</x>
                        <y>420</y>
                        <width>290</width>
                        <height>21</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>text</name>
                    <string>Send mail through KMail immediately</string>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>checked</name>
                    <bool>true</bool>
                </property>
                <property>
                    <name>toolTip</name>
                    <string>Immediately rather than putting it into the outbox and \
queueing it</string>  </property>
            </widget>
        </widget>
        <widget>
            <class>QWidget</class>
            <property stdset="1">
                <name>name</name>
                <cstring>tab</cstring>
            </property>
            <attribute>
                <name>title</name>
                <string>Receiving Mail</string>
            </attribute>
            <widget>
                <class>QLabel</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>TextLabel10</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>10</x>
                        <y>320</y>
                        <width>130</width>
                        <height>20</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>text</name>
                    <string>POP Username:</string>
                </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QLabel</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>TextLabel9</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>10</x>
                        <y>280</y>
                        <width>120</width>
                        <height>20</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>text</name>
                    <string>POP Port:</string>
                </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QLabel</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>TextLabel8</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>10</x>
                        <y>240</y>
                        <width>120</width>
                        <height>20</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>text</name>
                    <string>POP Server:</string>
                </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QLabel</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>TextLabel7</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>10</x>
                        <y>160</y>
                        <width>110</width>
                        <height>30</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>text</name>
                    <string>UNIX Mailbox:</string>
                </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QLabel</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>TextLabel11</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>10</x>
                        <y>400</y>
                        <width>130</width>
                        <height>20</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>text</name>
                    <string>POP Password:</string>
                </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QButtonGroup</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>ButtonGroup4</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>8</x>
                        <y>6</y>
                        <width>530</width>
                        <height>141</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>title</name>
                    <string>Retrieve Method</string>
                </property>
                <property>
                    <name>toolTip</name>
                    <string>Select "Do Not recieve mail" to disable transfering mail \
to your pilot</string>  </property>
                <widget>
                    <class>QRadioButton</class>
                    <property stdset="1">
                        <name>name</name>
                        <cstring>fUsePOP</cstring>
                    </property>
                    <property stdset="1">
                        <name>geometry</name>
                        <rect>
                            <x>10</x>
                            <y>70</y>
                            <width>251</width>
                            <height>21</height>
                        </rect>
                    </property>
                    <property stdset="1">
                        <name>text</name>
                        <string>Use &amp;POP3 server</string>
                    </property>
                    <property>
                        <name>toolTip</name>
                        <string>Use a remote server to retrieve mail from</string>
                    </property>
                </widget>
                <widget>
                    <class>QRadioButton</class>
                    <property stdset="1">
                        <name>name</name>
                        <cstring>fUseMbox</cstring>
                    </property>
                    <property stdset="1">
                        <name>geometry</name>
                        <rect>
                            <x>10</x>
                            <y>110</y>
                            <width>201</width>
                            <height>21</height>
                        </rect>
                    </property>
                    <property stdset="1">
                        <name>text</name>
                        <string>Use &amp;UNIX Mailbox</string>
                    </property>
                    <property>
                        <name>toolTip</name>
                        <string>Use a local file to retrieve mail from</string>
                    </property>
                </widget>
                <widget>
                    <class>QRadioButton</class>
                    <property stdset="1">
                        <name>name</name>
                        <cstring>fDoNotRecieve</cstring>
                    </property>
                    <property stdset="1">
                        <name>geometry</name>
                        <rect>
                            <x>10</x>
                            <y>30</y>
                            <width>271</width>
                            <height>20</height>
                        </rect>
                    </property>
                    <property stdset="1">
                        <name>text</name>
                        <string>Do &amp;Not receive mail</string>
                    </property>
                    <property stdset="1">
                        <name>checked</name>
                        <bool>true</bool>
                    </property>
                </widget>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QLineEdit</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>fPOPPort</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>140</x>
                        <y>270</y>
                        <width>290</width>
                        <height>32</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>text</name>
                    <string>110</string>
                </property>
                <property>
                    <name>toolTip</name>
                    <string>Port used for POP.  Please leave it alone unless you know \
what you are doing</string>  </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QLineEdit</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>fPOPUsername</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>140</x>
                        <y>310</y>
                        <width>290</width>
                        <height>32</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>text</name>
                    <string>$USER</string>
                </property>
                <property>
                    <name>toolTip</name>
                    <string>username used to authenticate pop, usually just the name \
(jsmith) and not the email address (jsmith@barnum.com)</string>  </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QCheckBox</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>fPOPLeaveMail</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>140</x>
                        <y>350</y>
                        <width>251</width>
                        <height>31</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>text</name>
                    <string>&amp;Leave mail on server</string>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>checked</name>
                    <bool>true</bool>
                </property>
                <property>
                    <name>toolTip</name>
                    <string>Retrieve your mail from the server but don't delete \
it</string>  </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QLineEdit</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>fPOPPassword</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>140</x>
                        <y>390</y>
                        <width>251</width>
                        <height>32</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>echoMode</name>
                    <enum>Password</enum>
                </property>
                <property>
                    <name>toolTip</name>
                    <string>This will not echo back to the screen</string>
                </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QCheckBox</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>fPOPSavePass</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>138</x>
                        <y>436</y>
                        <width>251</width>
                        <height>21</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>text</name>
                    <string>Save &amp;POP password</string>
                </property>
                <property>
                    <name>toolTip</name>
                    <string>Save the password to disk.  THIS IS INSECURE AND DISABLED \
BY DEFAULT</string>  </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QLineEdit</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>fUnixMboxPath</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>140</x>
                        <y>160</y>
                        <width>290</width>
                        <height>32</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>text</name>
                    <string>/var/spool/mail/$USER</string>
                </property>
                <property>
                    <name>toolTip</name>
                    <string>Full path to your local mail box</string>
                </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QLineEdit</class>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>name</name>
                    <cstring>fPOPServer</cstring>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>geometry</name>
                    <rect>
                        <x>141</x>
                        <y>230</y>
                        <width>290</width>
                        <height>32</height>
                    </rect>
                </property>
                <property stdset="1">
                    <name>text</name>
                    <string>pop.foo.com</string>
                </property>
                <property>
                    <name>toolTip</name>
                    <string>Hostname of your remote POP server</string>
                </property>
            </widget>
            <widget>
                <class>QPushButton</class>