List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KPilot nasty fiddly bits
From:       David Bishop <david () bishop ! dhs ! org>
Date:       2001-10-01 6:26:26

And this would be the actual file.  Proof I need to go to bed. G'Night....

On Monday 01 October 2001 12:21 am, David Bishop wrote:
> > The problem was fixed in pilot-link in january, but that hasn't
> > percolated down to RH 7.1 yes. So for now I'll leave it, and add a
> > QValidator as soong as I can figure out how.
>
> Good.  I'm glad to hear Redhat is only 9 months behind :-)
>
> > > Oh, I am, believe me :-)  Btw, here you go.  It's got a tooltip and
> > > everything! We're probably going to need to beat the whole "widget the
> > > wrong size" thing to death again, but we'll burn that bridge when we
> > > come to it. Note that we need to add buttons when we inherit
> > > KDialogBase, but I've read (somewhere) that you can have up to 5
> > > buttons on a child of KDiBa, which gives us Add, Remove, Ok, Apply, and
> > > Cancel.
> >
> > Yoiks, I thought we were headed for the
> > two-listboxes-with-some-buttons-between style of configuration and
> > ditching the nifty-treeview. The thing is, there's an actual single
> > widget class ListCategorizer that does all the work, so there's no point
> > at all in having that .ui file, since the subclass of KDialogBase that we
> > need *anyway* can just instantiate one of those ListCategorizers. Sorry
> > to waste your time, David. If you want to give the TLWSBB style a stab
> > (more Sopranos!) plz. do -- it'd make an interesting comparison in
> > usability.
>
> Okay, this is the point that I feel really, truly, dumb.  Actually, I just
> haven't been getting enough sleep lately.  Attached is the *actual* new
> conduit config dialog.  You know, the one we tallked about and I completely
> forgot about.  It too is nifty.  I like it better :-)
>
> Btw, and OT, I'm looking forward to qt3 & designer3 as one of the changes
> is that you can do more coding within the dialog.  Like with this dialog,
> all the enable & disable buttons do is move an item from one list to
> another. You shouldn't have to subclass and write that by hand, but with *2
> you do. It'll be nice to have that cleaned up.  Just thought I would point
> out *one* advantage to moving to the new qt3 code, not that I feel like
> running an alpha version of anything as my main desktop either.  I figure
> we can wait until late-beta before switching over *grin*.
>
> > I've just added the Configure Conduit, Activate and Deactivate buttons to
> > the configure dialog, and they have behavior too, so you can try that out
> > from CVS (pretty big update, lots of layout, many icons moved or
> > transformed, etc.)
>
> Well, I'll go check that out.  Sounds like things are really moving.....
>
> 'Night,
>
> D.A.Bishop

["newConduitConfig.ui" (text/html)]

<!DOCTYPE UI><UI>
<class>fConduitConfig</class>
<widget>
    <class>QWidget</class>
    <property stdset="1">
        <name>name</name>
        <cstring>fConduitConfig</cstring>
    </property>
    <property stdset="1">
        <name>geometry</name>
        <rect>
            <x>0</x>
            <y>0</y>
            <width>823</width>
            <height>303</height>
        </rect>
    </property>
    <property stdset="1">
        <name>caption</name>
        <string>Conduit Configuration Dialog</string>
    </property>
    <widget>
        <class>QListBox</class>
        <item>