List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] status of pimpage
From:       Klaus Staerk <klaus.staerk () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-09-29 12:58:06

Hi,

On Thursday, 27. September 2001 23:02, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Thursday 27 September 2001 22:01, Klaus Staerk wrote:
> > I've just finished the first part of the pimpage "the PIM-components"
> > - and I've already cheched it in to CVS. You can find it at
> > devel-home/kdepim/pimpage
>
> Great. This looks very nice.

Thanks :-)

> Just a few things:
>
> The title is not very expressive. What about "KDE Personal Information
> Management", or does anybody have a better idea?

Okay, let's take yours as suggestion #1. Suggestion #2 could be "Organize
your Desktop - KDE Personal Information Management".

Any other suggestions or ideas ? :-)

On the other hand: The KDE-Logo plus the text "personal information
management" should IMHO be okay - as the first sentence on the main page
begins with "KDE-PIM is an application suite for KDE, the K Desktop
Environment."

> Two applications are missing: KAlarm and Karm.

Will be added ASAP.

> KAddressbook is the standard addressbook frontend of KDE.

So I'll remove the KAB-part ...

> The link pim.kde.org in the title page doesn't work. Shouldn't this be
> a relative address?

Done.

> In the navigation bar the main titles (e.g. "PIM-Components") aren't
> links. This makes them look less important than the subtitles. Couldn't
> these titles link to the overview pages?

They are bold now to stress a bit more that they are headlines. I can't set a
link to another (overview) page, as there'll be no overview page :-)

> The address of the mailing list on the contact_us page should probably
> be kde-pim@kde.org. Please also add a hint how to subscribe to this
> list.

According to the signature that is added to mails posted to this list and
according to http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-pim, the mailaddress of
this list is "kde-pim@mail.kde.org" :-)

Hints for subscription will be added with a link to the list archive and to
http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-pim - or better: it's already done.

> Can we move the news section on the main page to the top of the page?
> At the moment it's below the end of my monitor ;-). As this is probably
> the part of the pages, which is most interesting it deserves a more
> prominent location.

You're right - I've moved it to the top.

Changes are checked in to CVS. For those who haven't a php-enabled webserver,
I've made some screenshots. As they have > 600 KB, I don't want to post them
to the list. Please let me know if you're interested in receiving them by
private mail.

Bye, Klaus :-)

--
      |  klaus staerk   |   klaus.staerk@gmx.net   |   icq# 8572669   |