List:       kde-perl
Subject:    Re: [Kde-perl] Perl-Qt4?
From:       Rob Kudla <kdemail-raindog () kudla ! org>
Date:       2006-05-30 14:50:40

On Tue May 30 2006 10:18, Empain Alain wrote:
> I used C++ a long time ago, and I know what I miss (fancy
> pointer problems etc.), so I do not regret it !

For what it's worth, once you get used to some of the idioms Qt
uses, it almost makes C++ a different (and nicer, in my book)
language.  I'd still rather be using a higher level language,
but in a pinch I don't mind Qt coding in C++.

These days I use Gambas for the things I used to use PerlQt for,
and C++ for those things PerlQt couldn't do anyway (e.g. task
bar applets, thanks to KDE's retarded "applets are shared
libraries rather than using Xembed and DCOP" philosophy.)

Rob