On May 17, 2005 11:12 pm, Ashley Winters wrote: > --- Thomas Fjellstrom wrote: > > I'm slightly confused as how I should do cleanup.. Is there a > > "DELETE" > > equivelent to the NEW method? > > No, not a real eequivalent. We seem to have overlooked it... > > > Basically what I want is to have a "message" sent through a socket on > > destroy. > > Using the destroyed signal seems risky as I need some info in the > > object to > > make the connection and send the message, and it spicifically says > > the > > object's vtable will be "degenerated" at that point and to not call > > any > > methods on it. > > Which info? If you need to call a C++ method on that object, that's > right. However, if you store the data you need in the Perl object, > it'll still be OK from the deleted() handler, or from an ON_DESTROY > method, depending on the way your program works. Oh. I assumed that perl's DESTROY/qt's deleted was called from inside the C++ destructors, good to know :) basically theres some simple perl methods and qt object properties I need to access, and posstibly even a temporary object or two :( > I should've added an ON_DELETE function. It's not that hard to add to > QtSmokeBinding::deleted() > > Ashley Winters Thanks for the reply :D -- Thomas Fjellstrom tfjellstrom@gmail.com _______________________________________________ Kde-perl mailing list Kde-perl@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-perl