List:       kde-perl
Subject:    Re: [Kde-perl] Visual Studio Success(After much hairpulling:)
From:       Germain Garand <germain () ebooksfrance ! org>
Date:       2003-04-12 23:58:56

Le Dimanche 13 Avril 2003 00:02, Matt Newell a écrit :
> Well, it took a full day of visual studio hell, but I have finally gotten
> perlqt to compile and work with Visual Studio .Net, Qt 3.1.2 commercial,
> and ActivePerl 5.6.?

Hello Matt,
that's good news!

> The main problems were
>
> WId - I got it to work by changing it from 'unsigned long' to 'HWND' in
> kalyptusCxxToSmoke.pl.

ah right, this is hardcoded... we'll need a --target= option then...
or port kalyptus to windows altogether and use $^O tests

> Many undefined symbols.  Hand placed __declspec(dllexport) in a few places
> did the trick.

any chance you could provide us a diff of some sort?

> I never did get the Makefile.PL to work for PerlQt,

not really surprising, since the Makefile.PL itself is generated by automake
:-/

> I ended up setting up a
> visual studio project to compile the dll, then I copied Qt.pm to Perl\lib\
> and lib\Qt\* to Perl\lib\Qt and Qt.dll and Qt.lib and Qt.??(I don't have
> access to the files right now, so this is all from memory) to
> Perl\lib\auto\Qt\.

if you could populate by hand a blib directory, then you'd simply need to
issue a
   perl -MExtUtils::Install -e install_default Qt
and everything should be properly installed...

> After much trial and error it works.
>
> Now, I will work on making the process a little smoother(maybe even a gui
> installation tool, like the one for linux).  I will post updates as often
> as I have something to say.

Thanks, it would be absolutely great to have it on SourceForge...

Did you tried to build puic as well? Does it work OK?

Cheers,
Germain