List:       kde-perl
Subject:    Re: [Kde-perl] PerlQt-3.006
From:       Ashley Winters <jahqueel () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-02-14 22:22:11

I failed to also mention that the patch is unacceptable as well. :)

Qt::Button->ScrollBar *should* return a Qt::ScrollBar blessed into the
Qt::Button class (horribly invalid typecast, but beside the point). The
fact that it returns a Qt::ScrollBar is, in fact, a bug.

It would be cool if the constructors were smart enough to see a
typecast from that syntax, though. Along with the explicit CAST
operator.

sub event {
    my $e = shift;
    if($e->type == Qt::Event::MouseButtonPress) {
        doSomething($m->MouseEvent->pos);
    }
}

The standard perl idiom suggests that (ref $x->new eq ref $x || $x).

It's debatable how well that applies to PerlQt, since I broke pretty
heavily with the Perl idioms a while back.

One of the idioms I'd backtrack on given a choice:

use Qt::isa => use Qt::base

Ashley Winters