List:       kde-perl
Subject:    Re: [Kde-perl] What I was working on...
From:       Germain Garand <germain () ebooksfrance ! com>
Date:       2002-04-26 19:48:48

> Shall
> I carry on doing this as a backup plan in case the PerlQt Mark 2 work takes
> longer than expected?

Yes, certainly, I think it's quite a bit early to switch all the development
effort to the new code !!
Better having at least the signal/slot system working in the current code...
don't you reckon anyway that once you got it right, it will be easy to port
it to the new architecture ?
The system you described seemed very elegant, so let's go ! :-))

> I think connect statements should have SLOT() and SIGNAL() calls, just like

mmh... not sure about that... it's really not the Perl way...
Capitalized, macro-like things in my scripts ?... bleeh ! :o)
It may be better to add some checking in the connect() code to ensure the
signal is a signal, and the slot a slot (maybe it's already checked ? didn't
verify).

G.