To establish the full extent of the range opinions here: Personally I think= the VDG has been working very well lately, and I want to thank its members= for being some of the most hard-working and motivated contributors to Plas= ma today=2E They've made my work better many times=2E I also disagree that this has lead to sacrificing "product work at the alt= ar of usability"=2E Rather I believe the past 2-3 releases have finally bro= ught us back to a strong focus precisely on product work, thanks in no smal= l part to initiatives driven by the VDG communication hub=2E I think we've = found a nice rhythm of the VDG generating actionable work items for code co= ntributors to jump on and implement, and especially in the course of the Sy= stem Settings work, the forth-and-back style of iterating together has lead= to dramatically better results every time=2E The results are visible in ou= r release announcements=2E I believe the solution to any remaining woes lies in engagement, not in th= rowing hands up in the air and complaining=2E It's normal for coding and de= sign teams to have some push-and-pull between them, that's how they complem= ent and course-correct each other=2E It's also worth keeping in mind how fr= ustrating it must be for design contributors if code contributors let them = constantly feel that they are the final arbiters and gate-keepers, and reso= rt to arguments from authority constantly=2E This is not what "common owner= ship" in the Manifesto is about=2E I urge code contributors to be aware of = this harmful messaging, which sets us back on our quest to grow our talent = mix, which has been paying dividends=2E This goes doubly so for maintainers= , whose primary function is to enable the work of other - any - contributor= s=2E Let's keep in mind onboarding is one of our chosen community goals=2E Finally, I want to say that I think it's not in good form to have started = this discussion in this thread=2E Putting an entire set of contributors on = trial under the mantle of someone's disgruntled exit announcement, biasing = the burden of proof from the get-go? What are we doing here? Cheers, Eike --=20 Plasma, apps developer KDE e=2EV=2E vice president, treasurer Seoul, South Korea