List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    D11533: [kstyle] create shadow tiles more explicitly
From:       Hugo Pereira Da Costa <noreply () phabricator ! kde ! org>
Date:       2018-04-09 16:36:32

hpereiradacosta added a comment.

  Hi Vlad,

  First sorry for the late answer !
  Second: I agree that the current code is bug prone, but your foreseen change is not \
satisfactory either.   The idea with the current code was to try create the shadows \
only "once" and if it fails for some reason, leave it failed for all widgets for \
which it is requested.   In your modified code however, if the creation of \
shadowtiles fails once, it keeps being called over and over again for each new \
widget.   I think this should be avoided.
  One solution is possibly to call shadowTiles once and only once, in \
breezeStyle::loadConfiguration, and just test whether it is valid whenever used.   \
what do you think ?

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze

REVISION DETAIL