List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    D10920: Install app metadata for plasmoidviewer and plasmaengineexplorer
From:       Friedrich W. H. Kossebau <noreply () phabricator ! kde ! org>
Date:       2018-02-28 21:57:08

kossebau added a comment.

  Thanks for pasting the chat log, that sheds more light onto things :)
  Seems to me the spec author(s?) are not sure themselves what would be the best \
naming pattern (besides rtld namespacing) and are still sorting that out.  Which to \
me leaves the choice between being consistent with existing naming practice (at least \
in KDE spheres) and going for some unclear motivated naming recommendation not yet \
hard-coded in spec policy. Where I personally then would tend to the former, leaving \
the .desktop suffix.
  But no hard opinion, leaving the call to the maintainers.

  Grepping across KDE's sources with \
https://lxr.kde.org/search?_filestring=&_string=launchable&_casesensitive=1 it seems \
that adding <launchable> needs more advertizing in general. Do I correctly assume \
that Discover and friends already make use of that data bit, so it's valuable to have \
it set? Would then go and add for apps I care a bit :)

REPOSITORY
  R118 Plasma SDK

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D10920