List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    D9549: Horizontally center shadows and make them bigger
From:       Hugo Pereira Da Costa <noreply () phabricator ! kde ! org>
Date:       2018-01-02 17:18:08

hpereiradacosta added a comment.

  >> Right, that's exactly it. The old menu shadows were just hardcoded to use a \
smaller version of the old default size, and it didn't consult the default at all \
until you changed it, at which point it becomes as big as the menu shadows.  >
  > Don't think so. The same "default" shadow size is used for the window decoration \
and for the window style. Now of course, once the style has been recompiled you need \
to restart the applications to have the new default value properly accounted for. No \
bug. Just a momentary glitch due to recompilation I think.
  Well, I take it back. There is a bug, and it is (more or less) introduced by your \
code.  The window shadow option range and default is defined at two places (due to \
issues with kconfig generation code), and these two must be kept in sync:  \
kdecoration/breezesettingsdata.kcfg, which you changed
  and
  kstyle/breeze.kcfg which was not updated.

  I just pushed the necessary modification to the second file.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D9549

To: ngraham, abetts, hpereiradacosta, #vdg, #breeze, alake
Cc: rkflx, zzag, cfeck, januz, rpelorosso, apol, mvourlakos, plasma-devel, ZrenBot, \
progwolff, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas, mart