List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    D8444: Define default Action when we plug unknown monitor
From:       Sebastian_Kügler <noreply () phabricator ! kde ! org>
Date:       2017-12-08 10:09:44

sebas added a subscriber: jensreuterberg.
sebas added a comment.

  @dvratil Good question. I actually have a branch that adds an OSD to kscreen. It's \
in sebas/osd right now and I haven't merged it since it behaves weirdly on Wayland \
(placement is not reliable). That should be the start. The plasmashell OSD is doesn't \
allow placing it on a specific screen (or both) which is something we'll want for \
this, since we're messing with screens right during that stage, and it's also not \
interactive. So we'd have to add quite some cases to plasmashell that are really only \
useful for kscreen. I'd start with that OSD and add interactivity and the selector \
for layouts.
  @mlaurent The idea is to popup a selector for the different layouts when a new \
screen is connected and then switch to the chosen layout. It will be remembered so on \
next connect, this layout will be picked automatically. The OSD should resemble the \
other Plasma OSDs, for a detailed design, please refer to @jensreuterberg or or other \
VDG members. There are already icons added to Breeze for that, and enums are in \
libkscreen as well (IIRC). This adds a runtime dependency on kscreen (not \
libkscreen), which is entirely fine. Hit me up on IRC or email for additional \
details.

REPOSITORY
  R104 KScreen

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D8444

To: mlaurent, davidedmundson
Cc: jensreuterberg, mwolff, sebas, graesslin, dvratil, davidedmundson, ngraham, \
plasma-devel, ZrenBot, progwolff, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, abetts, apol, mart