List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Retirement of Reviewboard - Transition to Phabricator
From:       Ben Cooksley <bcooksley () kde ! org>
Date:       2017-08-28 10:14:08

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 8:20 PM, Ren=C3=A9 J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin@gmail.com=
> wrote:
> On Friday August 25 2017 07:33:43 Ben Cooksley wrote:
>
> Hi,

Hi Rene,

>>> Note that due to how Reviewboard stores diffs and reproduces them for
>>> use, some reviews may have decayed and may no longer be readable. This
>>> is due to short-hashes which are used by Git/Reviewboard in diffs now
>>> having collisions with other commits which previously did not exist.
>>> Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this.
>
> This is probably a "wild thought", but would it be possible somehow to li=
mit the issue by not letting the ReviewBoard software compare to each repo'=
s HEAD but against whatever commit is current now (or when you retire the t=
hing)?

Reviewboard to my knowledge compares against the commit sha's
mentioned in the diff.

> And FWIW, you're aware of git-diff's --full-index option? ;)

This is something the contributor could have done when uploading yes,
but isn't something we can do anything about now.

> R.

Regards,
Ben