--a10b1d7f627f42df9ba38c2771316553 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ascii" Mime-Version: 1.0 dfaure added a comment. In https://phabricator.kde.org/D6933#129446, @broulik wrote: > > I suppose updating the handler for text/html would make sense too, so that clicking on a local HTML file opens the same webbrowser. > > Well, KRun has a special case for text/html to always open them in the default browser, no matter what. So you cannot actually have Kate as your default app for HTML :D Ah, I see. (comes from https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/103524). I think the reasoning was "after I set Firefox as my browser app, local HTML files still open in konqueror... bug!!! I shouldn't have to configure it twice". But actually we get more flexibility if we don't mix up the two things. I.e. a user should be able to choose a browser *and* choose kate for local html files. So I vote for 1. setting the handler for text/html from here (if it's another BrowserApp) 2. removing the text/html hack in KRun This way in the simple case, both HTTP and *.html open in your preferred browser, but for more advanced users it's still possible to open HTML files in something else. PS: keditbookmarks shows up in the combo because it's been tagged WebBrowser, I guess for menu organization purposes. But it's not a webbrowser, so I'm not sure how to fix that... REPOSITORY R119 Plasma Desktop REVISION DETAIL https://phabricator.kde.org/D6933 To: broulik, #plasma, dfaure Cc: plasma-devel, ZrenBot, progwolff, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas, apol, mart, lukas --a10b1d7f627f42df9ba38c2771316553 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Type: text/html; charset="ascii" Mime-Version: 1.0 View Revision=
dfaure added a comment.

In D= 6933#129446, @broulik wrote:

[...]

<= strong>REPOSITORY
R119 Plasma Desktop