On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 7:22 PM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin@kde.org> wrote:
Am 2017-04-28 17:22, schrieb David Edmundson:
What's the minimum version of frameworks we can use in Plasma 5.10?

The schedule currently is:

2017-05-06: Frameworks 5.33 gets tagged
2017-05-11: Plasma 5.10 beta is tagged && released
2017-05-13: Frameworks 5.33 comes out
2017-05-25: Plasma 5.10 is tagged

With the current schedule we can't use frameworks 5.33 in Plasma 5.10
beta as it will have an unreleased dependency.

With frameworks 5.32:

1) Kwin won't compile (the popupDone code)

2) Half of plasma won't load.  New QML api was added in units:
"iconSizeHints"

This is used in icon applet, trash, folderview compact, kicker,
showdesktop, minimizeall

The worst part about the latter is that you can't see the problem when
you compile :/

We can either:

 revert/ifdef those changes

 shuffle something above

I vote for shuffling around as it sounds like lots of efforts for little gain. The KWin case is rather trivial, but nevertheless probably half an hour of work to ensure it works. The iconSizeHints is even more work.

So maybe just move the release by two days and ship together with frameworks?

Me too, we can still tag and branch on the original day, and the final doesn't need to move.
It's just the public release of the beta that would need to slip.

David

Cheers
Martin