List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Complex text input in Plasma
From:       Takao Fujiwara <tfujiwar () redhat ! com>
Date:       2017-04-07 4:16:45

IBus emoji typing is updated day by day.
IBus 1.5.15 moved the emoji function in IBus XKB engine to IBus panel, which means \
the UI is now available from pane GUI menu and the shortcut key can  be customizable \
with ibus-setup: https://desktopi18n.wordpress.com/2017/03/15/ibus-1-5-15-is-released/

Also 'ibus emoji' CLI can launch the same GUI and it does not require to run \
ibus-daemon.

The emoji tying has two goals:
  - available with an extended lookup window likes an input method's lookup window \
                without mouse operations for input method users
  - available from panel menu by mouse only for GUI users

Thanks,
Fujiwara