--95559a95f5484345b31b42e63a45beac Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ascii" Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit fredrik added a comment. In https://phabricator.kde.org/D5245#98926, @broulik wrote: > > Lower brightness? > > I actually increase the brightness to produce this washed-out effect but admittedly it doesn't look as good in less graphically intensive apps (I used Gwenview in the screenshot where you can tell easily but in Kwrite you probably can't). I'll try //lowering// the brightness instead. You could try lowering the contrast. I think we have a shader that does that. REPOSITORY R108 KWin REVISION DETAIL https://phabricator.kde.org/D5245 To: broulik, #vdg, graesslin, #kwin, #plasma Cc: fredrik, luebking, kvermette, graesslin, plasma-devel, kwin, progwolff, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, hardening, jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas, apol --95559a95f5484345b31b42e63a45beac Content-Type: text/html; charset="ascii" Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit View Revision
fredrik added a comment.

In D5245#98926, @broulik wrote:

Lower brightness?

I actually increase the brightness to produce this washed-out effect but admittedly it doesn't look as good in less graphically intensive apps (I used Gwenview in the screenshot where you can tell easily but in Kwrite you probably can't). I'll try lowering the brightness instead.

You could try lowering the contrast. I think we have a shader that does that.

REPOSITORY
R108 KWin

REVISION DETAIL
https://phabricator.kde.org/D5245