List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: DrKonqi dependencies
From:       Andreas Sturmlechner <andreas.sturmlechner () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-03-19 13:01:01

On 19.03.2017 11:56, Christoph Feck wrote:
> Using openSUSE packages here, installing drkonqi does not drag in the
> Plasma workspace, only some KF5 frameworks. So the splitting can also be
> done by the distribution.

Them fixing it in packaging does not make it right though. Everone building
drkonqi still has to go through all of plasma-workspace or hack around it.
Every (?) application linking against KCrash does profit from drkonqi - to me
this is very similar to khelpcenter, or speaking of lib-app pairs, KF5Wallet
and kwalletmanager. The question imo is if drkonqi should rather be in
Applications or be kept as part of Plasma, just standalone.

Regards,
Andreas