List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    DrKonqi dependencies
From:       Jasem Mutlaq <mutlaqja () ikarustech ! com>
Date:       2017-03-19 10:52:48

Hello,

I have the following issue. We have KStars, part of KDE Applications, which
is used across many desktop environments. I recently wanted to see if
DrKonqi could be used to catch crashes and report them back to bugs.kde.org

Problem is DrKonqi is now part of plasma-workspace. This makes it a *HUGE*
dependency just for crash reporting. I obviously cannot ask non-KDE users
to install plasma-workspace _just_ to have crash reporting capabilities.

So I understand DrKonqi has a lot of dependencies, but what is the proper
solution to this? Can be split into its own thing?

--
Best Regards,
Jasem Mutlaq