List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: [KDE4] what component does the screenlocking?
From:       Kai Uwe Broulik <kde () privat ! broulik ! de>
Date:       2017-03-04 15:34:43

> I know, but the checkbox next to "ask password after" is gone so you can =
no longer disable locking while keeping a screensaver feature.

Ah, yes, that is gone. There's no screen "saver" anymore but just a lock sc=
reen that happens to have a fancy wallpaper architecture.=A0

> As if no one would want to prevent screen burning-in

Turn the screen off. Problem solved.

> OK. I don't know exactly what the KDE4 library is used for when you execu=
te the .kss as a standalone application but stripping code should be faster=
 than porting it.

Do we actually still have remnants of that stuff in KF5 kscreenlocker? If s=
o, it should indeed be removed.=A0