View Revision
awilcox created this revision.
awilcox set the repository for this revision to R133 KScreenLocker.

REVISION SUMMARY

This modernises the kcheckpass utility to stop using the getpass(3) call, which was deprecated in SUSv2, removed from POSIX.1-2001, and deprecated in glibc 2.19. It replaces it with a fully standards compliant getdelim(3) call. This also avoids the need to strdup the password buffer and temporarily have two copies.

I didn't know how pedantic to make it; you could possibly want to check for password != NULL and memset-nul it out in the case of getdelim failure, since it could have read in a partial password but then received EOF before \n. I didn't think this case was very likely so I did not author such a check.

TEST PLAN

REPOSITORY
R133 KScreenLocker

REVISION DETAIL
https://phabricator.kde.org/D4376

AFFECTED FILES
kscreenlocker-5.8.5/kcheckpass/kcheckpass.c

EMAIL PREFERENCES

To: awilcox
Cc: plasma-devel, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas