List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    [Differential] [Request, 21 lines] D3897: [Panel Containment] Explicitly bind visible on both the co
From:       "broulik (Kai Uwe Broulik)" <noreply () phabricator ! kde ! org>
Date:       2016-12-31 22:22:43

broulik created this revision.
broulik added a reviewer: Plasma.
broulik set the repository for this revision to R119 Plasma Desktop.

REVISION SUMMARY
  While trying to fix a random plasmashell crash I was getting fairly often (and I \
hoped was fixed by David's last spacer fix) I found that the cause was actually in \
virtual desktop pager.
  The virtual desktop pager is hidden when there's just one desktop and it will not \
update its models in this case to save resources. Back when I added this I already \
noticed that sometimes the pager (usually after one "open and close panelcontroller" \
cycle) still thought it was visible. It was even weirder than that, I found out that \
on teardown it suddenly thought it became visible. This had it populate its model \
which in turn spawned QML items, all of this whilst the panel was already in the \
process of destroying its children, leading to a crash.

TEST PLAN
  Previously I could easily reproduce the crash:
  start plasmashell
  open panel controller
  quickly open krunner and type kquitapp plasmashell
  boom

  No more, gosh, this was a weird one. Also verified that virtual desktop pager \
"enabled" property stays consistent.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

REVISION DETAIL