List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: plasma logo as start menu icon and ksplash logo
From:       Harald Sitter <sitter () kde ! org>
Date:       2016-05-31 21:21:47

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 10:38 PM, Ivan Čukić <ivan.cukic@kde.org> wrote:
> Microsoft is not Windows (they share the logo)

Not that I feel we need to discuss this further, but they do not share
the logo. The actual windows logo changes between iterations and has
since forever been the four tiles representing a window. The microsoft
logo has been first and foremost a wordmark logo up until recently
when it adopted the four tiles as part of the logo. And that being
said the current windows logo and the current microsoft icon-only
logo, are both 4 tiles, they are not the same 4 tiles though (i.e.
windows 10 has perspective tiles, microsoft does not).
HS