List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: plasma logo as start menu icon and ksplash logo
From:       Thomas Pfeiffer <thomas.pfeiffer () email ! de>
Date:       2016-02-03 17:31:15

I had wanted to CC the VDG list, but I used the wrong address. Now with the
correct one.

On Mittwoch, 3. Februar 2016 18:16:01 CET Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 3. Februar 2016 16:24:10 CET David Edmundson wrote:
 > If you mean this one?
 > https://dot.kde.org/sites/dot.kde.org/files/plasma-mobile-logo.png
 > Sure.

 No, not that one.
 That one: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/95/
 KDE_Plasma_5_banner.png/300px-KDE_Plasma_5_banner.png

> Not always with the name, of course.

 > Anything more radical I'm against as it breaks not only our current
 > branding, but all screenshot based tutorials.

 We are currently using the KDE logo with the Plasma brand. This is broken
 branding. If we are to establish Plasma as a brand, we need to use the
 Plasma logo.
 If we keep using the community instead of the product logo all over Plasma,
 we can never break the "KDE = the desktop" misconception.

 And I'm pretty sure people will still recognize that they're using the same
 workspace as shown in tutorials even if the logo in the bottom-left corner
 is different.

 The VDG is really clear that this is our collective advice (I've CCed the
 VDG list so anybody who objects to that could speak up).