List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Phabricator for Plasma Mobile
From:       Sebastian Kügler <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2015-07-30 11:00:27

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 12:52:53 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 11:35 AM, David Edmundson
>
> <david@davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 11:29 AM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas@kde.org> wrote:
> >> This does exclude bugzilla for now, since phab isn't really suitable for
> >> this
> >> yet. So bugs would remain to go into phab, tasks, projects, planning and
> >> especially reviews go through phabricator.
> >
> > Shall I make a new product on b.k.o for mobile?
>
> for mobile on bugzilla i an see 2 alternatives:
> a) the mobile shell as a component of the plasmashell product, other
> things elsewhere (maybe the settings app under systemsettings, the
> mobile version of a given app as component of the app product
>
> b) a mobile product, with one component for each shell, app etc
>
> or, a combination of the two

From a project management point of view, I'd slightly prefer b) since it makes
it easier to track bugs for a product (as in, real world product). It won't
cover everything though, so perhaps a tag / keyword (if we were much better
actually using those, mainly looking at myself).

Maybe it makes sense to go with a) and track problems with user stories in
phabricator, so doing the product management at a higher level?
--
sebas

Sebastian Kügler    |    http://vizZzion.org    |     http://kde.org