List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Proposal regarding plasmate's release
From:       Giorgos Tsiapaliokas <giorgos.tsiapaliokas () kde ! org>
Date:       2015-02-03 12:38:05

On 2/3/15 1:59 PM, Sebastian K=FCgler wrote:
> The repo name is I think a bit confusing. I think plasma-sdk would fit =

> it better. =

+1

On 1/30/15 11:57 AM, Marco Martin wrote:
> maybe a quiet last kde4 release?
> so would be called the version, then 4 and 5 released more or less at the=
 same
> time

I guess we all agree that new features won't be added to kde4 version of =

plasmate.
If we make another release of plasmate, will we take the responsibility =

of fixing
bugs into the KDE4 release? Or we will just offer updated tarball?

On 2/1/15 11:12 AM, Aleix Pol wrote:
> So the plan is to be able to release Plasmate without Plasmate?
the plan is to release the entire repo, but to disable the plasmate =

application by default.
The plasmate application will still be there with the dependency of =

KDevPlatform but
it will have to be enabled.
Also for later when the plasmate application is ready, we could add a =

check,
and if KDevPlatform is found then the plasmate application will be =

enabled automatically
otherwise it won't.

-- =

Giorgos Tsiapaliokas