List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Collecting new/improved stuff in 5.1 for promo
From:       Vishesh Handa <me () vhanda ! in>
Date:       2014-10-01 13:49:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Some of the Baloo changes that I remember -

* A user visible query language which can be accessed via the kioslave.
Example - `baloosearch://?query=tag:Fire`. The query language can handle
quite complex expressions. This will create a "magic folder" which will be
updated in realtime
* Better UTF8 handling in Searching - We now take diacritic marks into
account. See relevant blog post
* Removable Media Storage - We now never index Network File Systems.
* Better detection of frequently modified files. We delay indexing for them.
* Detecting xattr changes - Baloo is now more of a file indexer and will
listen to changes on xattr for files. This means any application can set
the tags/ratings by just setting the xattr of the file. Applications no
longer need to talk to Baloo.
* Overall speed improvements
* Many more tests in the File Indexers

--