List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Touch interface development
From:       Kai Uwe Broulik <kde () privat ! broulik ! de>
Date:       2014-07-07 13:48:48

> there is always the problem of scroll views that have items that are
> interactive, if for instance the item can be dragged, it precludes the
> possibility of flicking

Windows 8 solves this by using two finger flicking when the view is interactive, like \
a treeview or textarea.

For the rest I think this either needs to go into Qt (eg. QScrollArea can be made \
touch aware setting WA_AcceptTouchEvents and QtQuick Controls also behave differently \
on mobile vs desktop platforms, but don't know if that handles touch input on desktop \
also) or in our QPA(?) so we can have Scrollviews automatically work with touch \
gestures and the like.

Since QScrollView supports pixel-precise scrolling it can definitely be made aware of \
QTouchEvent - if that doesn't already work automagically with the aforementioned \
attribute.

Cheers