List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    KIO: thread safety commit broke Get hot new stuff
From:       Marco Martin <notmart () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-07-04 16:40:23

HI all,
I recently noticed that the two GHNS windows in Plasma 5 very recently freeze
the whole process as soon the dialog opens

I tried to bisect things and the problem is definitely in the commit

8cb050ea61dfb195fee0293c7c0eb87cb0a90654

in the KIO framework
"KIO thread-safety: protect concurrent access to KProtocolManager methods"

Right now frameworks are tagged, but either kio or knewstuff framework are
broken.
And we need the dialog working in the Plasma 5 release.

Sooo, how do we proceed?

--
Marco Martin