List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Plasma 5: Roadmap post 5.0
From:       Jonathan Riddell <jr () jriddell ! org>
Date:       2014-06-26 16:42:01

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 04:51:00PM +0200, Rohan Garg wrote:
> Hi everyone
> I was wondering, has there been any discussions on whether or not bug
> fix releases for Plasma 5 will be provided after the 5.0 release? Or
> will users simply have to wait for the next 5.1 release to get bug
> fixes?
>
> There also doesn't seem to be any indication of what the time frame
> will be between Plasma 5 releases ( I was told 3 months by some
> people, this doesn't seem to be written down in a wiki page).
>
> Would be awesome if someone could indicate what the roadmap is after
> the Plasma 5.0 release :)

I've drawn up a draft release schedule with tagging on the second Thursday of every \
month to match the 5.0 release.

I think there are two trains of thought, one for bug fix releases and one which says \
that we don't care about distro updates because distros won't be shipping it by \
default.

I've written up a schedule with bugfix releases as I think it's nicer to start as we \
mean to go on.  This then has 1 beta before the 5.1 release.

http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/Plasma_5

Moving to a schedule without bugfix releases would mean turning those bugfix releases \
into 5.1 and 5.2 releases for monthly releases, or alphas/betas for 3-monthly \
releases.

Jonathan