On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 2:04 AM, Thomas Pfeiffer <colomar@autistici.org> wrote:
On Tuesday 25 February 2014 10:48:47 Shantanu Tushar Jha wrote:
> Hi Harshit,
>
> First of all, just a note, whenever you have a new thing to discuss, it is
> a bad idea to reply to an existing thread which is not directly related
> (this is popularly known as hacking others' threads :P)
>
> To the topic, I personally don't think it is a good idea to let the user
> change the background of the media center. The rationale behind this is
> that the background is part of our UI so changing it can lead to visual
> inconsistency.
>
> I'll love to hear from others' views on this, especially our Usability
> folks.

Hi Harshit, hi Shantanu,
from a usability perspective, changing the background of a UI isn't a no-go,
but it has to be handled with care. The most important thing is that to avoid
bad contrast, every other element of the UI has to have a standard-color
background on top of the user-selected background.
You'd have to try that out (black background behind every UI element, probably
with a few pixels around the actual element) and see whether it
a) looks good
b) leaves enough of the background visible to make sense at al

+1 , Nice idea in case we want to go for user customized background

--
http://www.sinny.in