On Sunday, December 29, 2013 21:59:48 Marco Martin wrote: > On Sunday 29 December 2013, Sebastian K=FCgler wrote: > > > formfactor does exist, but there aren't differences between being in > > > apanel or in a systray... > > > hmm, so when in a systray would make sense a "constrained" formfactor= or > > > something like that, ie not able to expand neither horizontally nor > > > vertically > > > > So add a formfactor "ConstrainedSquare" ... wait, we had that in the pa= st. > > I've given this some though as well, and I think the cleanest solution = is > > to reintroduce it. > = > yeah, it was a slightly different thing tough, it was an "aspectRatio" = > property, so was the plasmoid that was asking the containment to be sized > like that. > while if it goes in the formfactor is the other way around, is the > containment that says to the plasmoid to not try to expand. > (not sure about the constrainedsquare name btw, since was used for anothe= r = > type, unless is aspectratio again, but i would rather not since doesn't > play well with layouts) > = > > That said, I think flags might be more elegant here, so the constraints > > could be Vertical | Horizontal, but I'm not sure how happy that'd make = us > > > > in two aspects: > > = > > - needs porting in plasmoid, and the case can be hard to test -> we > > introduce subtle bugs > > - it's easy to confuse the setter with a normal setter, overriding > > properties (maybe not so much an issue, since it's a read-only property) > > > > With that in mind, I'd opt for ConstrainedSquare as new formfactor. > = > yeah, would change the value of the enum, i fear that there could still > remain one or two cases around where (the horror) was using directly the > numbers. > = > it would have probably be the best way tough if plasma was designed today = > (NoConstraint=3D0 for planar, vertical or horizontal for panels, the or f= or > the systray) > I don't hink it's worth to do the huge porting work tough Agree. So we introduce a new FormFactor "Square"? If nobody objects, I'll add it i= n = the coming days. Cheers, -- = sebas http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org | GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9 _______________________________________________ Plasma-devel mailing list Plasma-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/plasma-devel