List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Framework licenses (was: Refocusing the tech preview)
From:       Aurélien_Gâteau <agateau () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-12-23 18:46:38

Le lundi 23 d=E9cembre 2013 18:30:11 Kevin Ottens a =E9crit :
> > Missing COPYING.LIB files are more annoying, though. Right now they are
> > missing in kf5umbrella, kmediaplayer and plasma-framework (but I assume
> > plasma-framework is not part from the tp1?) I am going to add them this
> > afternoon.
> =

> plasma-framework is part of tp1 in my books.

I just had a look at the frameworks which were missing COPYING.LIB files. T=
he =

status is:

- kf5umbrella: no files with a copyright header. Since the licensing polici=
es =

say CMake files should be BSD, should we license the whole framework under =
the =

BSD license?

- kmediaplayer: all the code is X11. Should we license the whole framework =

under X11?

- plasma-framework: this framework uses multiple licenses, but majority is =

LGPL (this is the case for many other frameworks). Should we use a LGPL 2.1 =

COPYING.LIB file?

Aur=E9lien