List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    QML/javascript and KNotification
From:       Anthony Vital <yesmichel () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-08-30 16:26:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello,
I'm trying to use KNotification in a QML plasmoid but there doesn't seem to
be a good way to do this. Using the notifications dataengine is not
satisfying because it won't let me use a .notifyrc file. So for now I use a
qdbus command but it's kind of a hack.

Moreover, in order to install the notifyrc file correctly, I have to
install it (+ the plasmoid icon so that it is detected in the notifications
config panel) with CMake. I read that installing a plasmoid with CMake is
the recommended way, and I personnaly don't mind doing so, but it prevents
installing the plasmoid simply from a plasmoid package/KGHNS. Any thoughts
on this?

Anthony