List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: [homerun] Repeated Entries
From:       Aurélien_Gâteau <agateau () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-07-23 14:56:44

Le jeudi 18 juillet 2013 16:12:32 Sebastian K=FCgler a =E9crit :
> On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 17:36:43 Jacky Alcine wrote:
> > Hey Plasma developers, Jacky here.
> > =

> > I'm curious about how Homerun goes about rendering entries. I've noticed
> > constantly that entries shown in "Applications" would appear in "Favori=
te
> > Applications". How does Homerun go about populating these views in the
> > primary UI?
> =

> Maybe Aurelien can help with this. (He might not read his email as
> regularly, as he's at Akademy.)

(Back from Bilbao, sorry for the delay)

"Favorite Applications" is an Homerun source which is populated with =

applications marked as favorite by the user. When one types in the "search" =

field, the content of this source is filtered to only show applications =

matching the typed text.

By default, typing in this field also triggers KRunner-based searches, whic=
h =

can return results from various runners. One of these runners is =

"Applications": it will return any installed application whose name or =

description matches the typed text.

This explains why if you have KMail in your favorite applications, typing =

"kma" will show KMail in both "Favorite Applications" and "Applications".

Aur=E9lien

PS: Note that I am no longer the maintainer of Homerun. As my knowledge of =
its =

source code slowlys fade out and becomes obsolete, you may want to ask the =
new =

maintainer, Eike Hein <hein@kde.org>, for more up-to-date answers.