On Sunday 26 May 2013 18:35:20 Martin Graesslin wrote: > > So if ambiguity is the only reason against using switches on Desktop, we > > should use them. > > At least for me there is another reason: given the way how the switch > component is designed (again no matter which one) I am inclined to drag it > from left to right. I don't try to click, I have to drag. There is no visual > hint that clicking would adjust the state. It doesn't look like a clickable > button. This makes the component really difficult to use. While on a touch > screen it's much easier to use than a check box. Absolutely. This is what I meant by "One reason is surely that flicking a switch on a touch screen, though not "natural" at all because of the lack of haptical feedback, is much closer to reality than flicking a switch by clicking it with a mouse." way further down in my mail ;) > Now I could learn to click (so far I failed to do so), but I can think of > many people who would no longer be able to learn this. _______________________________________________ Plasma-devel mailing list Plasma-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/plasma-devel